Thursday, March 19, 2009

Jaden's First Vacation

So I've known about this vacation for quite some time now and I"ve been excited about the break I would get when Jaden went on vacation with my parents to Kerville, Texas. I even looked up different attractions they could visit, printed off coupons, etc. Even last night as I packed Jaden's suitcase I was totally cool with the idea. Until this morning came. I realized that my baby was leaving. It still hadn't totally hit me yet. But I got back in bed with her and laid down next to her as she watched her Abby Cadabby movie - completely oblivious to my emotional crisis taking place! Lol. I just stared at her and told her to have fun and that I loved her and I would miss her thiiiiiiiiiiissssssssssss much! :)

So, time comes for them to get in the truck and leave and Jaden starts to head out the door and my dad tells her she must give me a hug and kiss before she leaves. So she runs back over, eager to hurry up and head out on her adventure, and she gives me a big hug which I didn't want to end and then gives me a nice big kiss! She hops back down and off she goes. As she's right outside the door I hear her yelling "Bye - I Love you Mommy!". And at this point, I'm still doing fine.

I get to work and realize OMG this is the longest I'm going to be away from my baby. I reassure myself that I can handle this! I look at the clock and it's 9:30. My baby has been gone a little over 2 hours and I'm ready for her to come back! Lol.

It's funny because now I know the feeling that I used to make fun of my friends about. I would hear them getting to take a little trip and tell them they were soo lucky and to enjoy it - stop whining about missing your kids. Now I know how they feel. I miss her soo much already. My mom is doing a good job though - sending me little pics during the road trip. So I know I"ll be fine. Sad thing is today is only Day 1. Let's see how I am by Day 4. Lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment